Cardiovascular System. Circulatory System. Digestive System. Nervous System. These are all systems of the body we are pretty familiar with. We know the basics of what their functions are. What about the Lymph System. Yes, we have all heard of it, but do we really understand what it does? And what the heck does the lymph system have to do with deodorant??? In order to help answer those questions, we have come up with a list here at EKC of the top 6 things you didn’t know about your Lymph System.
1. If our lymph system is not working, we are sick. Period. Our bodies cannot fight off cancer, disease, infection, bacteria and we get sick…really, really sick.
2. The Lymph system is actually part of many systems in the body including the circulatory system. Most notably, it is part of the immune system (more on that in a second).
3. It maintains the exact balance of bodily fluids of the circulatory system and interstitial fluid (this is the fluid outside cells that is not blood or plasma).
4. Interstitial fluid is important as it carries away some waste and toxins from the cells to the kidneys where it can be filtered and eliminated out of our bodies.
5. The lymph system is responsible for transporting white blood cells throughout our body. Our white blood cells are the infection, bacteria and disease fighters. The lymph system transports these white blood cells from the bone to the lymph nodes.
6. Lymph nodes are clusters of concentrated lymph tissue that filter out harmful substances and help us fight infection and disease. There are large clusters of them just under the skin in our armpits.
7. Lymph fluids also carry nutrients, hormones, proteins and good fatty acids to and from cells and tissues.
You can see with this list of lymph system information, how very important it is to our health and well being. With a large cluster of lymph nodes in our armpits that go into breast tissue, they are in contact with what we put on our skin every day in that area. It takes 26 seconds for our bodies to absorb what we put on it…think about that. Then think about applying toxic chemicals everyday with commercial deodorant, sometimes more than once a day, to that area…What can that do to this important, disease fighting system? How much would that clog up and overload this system over time? Evelyn Kay was developed so you don’t have to worry about what you are putting on under your arms. No toxic chemicals to be found in EKC so your lymph nodes and system can breathe easy and do what they are meant to without the added burden of filtering out all the toxic chemicals that have been linked to many diseases and cancers already.
Come join the club! No toxic chemicals. No Stink. No Kidding.