Talc has been used by women for ages. It can be found in makeup, food and YOUR commercial deodorant. Here are the top facts you need to know about Talc.
1. Talc is used to absorb moisture and to help products glide on easily by making them soft and smooth.
2.Talc has also been linked to Ovarian cancer and other health risks such as mucous membrane and lung damage in babies, aggravation of asthma and allergic skin reactions.
3. In 2003, a review of 16 studies in which there were over 11,000 women were studied and it found a 33 percent higher risk of ovarian cancer among women who used talc. The risk is even higher in African American Women.
4. Results of studies as recently as May 2017 confirm the 20-24 percent higher risk of developing ovarian cancer in women who regularly use talc.
5. As far back as 1971, the concern from using talc and ovarian cancer has been raised but not restricted or banned from use, as it is in Europe.
6. In the past year, juries have awarded damages totaling well over 100 million dollars for women who used talc and were diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
With all this information, it is time to think about what we are putting on under our arms. 26 seconds is all it takes for what we put on our skin to be absorbed into our bloodstream. Why risk your health everyday? Evelyn Kay has no toxic chemicals and NO TALC.
Come join the club!