That’s right. We said it. Sweating is GOOD for you. We are brought up to believe that sweating is “gross”: that sweating is not feminine. Women and girls should “glisten” or “glow” not sweat; but here at Evelyn Kay Club we think sweating is great and wanted to share with you the reasons why.
- Sweating is a massive detoxifier for our bodies. Our sweat glands help us get rid of toxins such as arsenic, BPA’s, lead, pesticides and other substances we breath in. Sweat helps to clear the kidneys of excess salt and calcium buildup. It also pushes out toxins from our livers, lymph system and blood too.
- Sweating produces a natural antibiotic to form a protective barrier on our skin. This antibiotic is called dermcidin. Dermcidin helps to fight off bad bacteria that can be found in the environment that our skin comes in contact with. When we get a cut or a wound, our bodies sweat out dermcidin to help kill potential invading bacteria, aiding in the healing process.
- Sweating is our own personal air conditioning system. It helps us to maintain and regulate our body temperature. When our skin gets wet with sweat, it feels cooler. Then, as that sweat evaporates into the air, heat is removed as well.
- Sweat improves your skin. It cleans out our pores which helps to get rid of blackheads and acne. When our pores are unclogged, our skin looks its best; some might even say younger!
- Sweat makes us happy. When we sweat, we release endorphins. Endorphins are the feel good chemicals in our bodies. That’s why you feel so great after a good workout in the gym: you have worked up a sweat and elevated your endorphin levels.
There you have it…5 reasons why sweating is GOOD for you. Now, go out there, work up a sweat and experience all the great benefits sweating has to offer!